Following last year’s SOLARHU collection, which aimed to highlight the peaceful, meditative nature of running, adidas Originals and Pharrell Williams are back extending their partnership. This time around, the duo collaborated on the ‘Now Is Her Time’ campaign, aimed at female empowerment across the world.
For the latest collaboration, the story is told from the perspective of various females from different walks of life, as well as from those who support them. The ‘Now Is Her Time’ campaign calls for action for the 21st century, utilising Pharrell’s platform to amplify the voices of women making waves across numerous issues and perspectives. The range of women adding their voices to the campaign include activists, artists and the likes, rooted in topics such as gender, sexuality, sexual rights, race and equality. The women include:
- Patrisse Cullors: community organizer and co-founder of Black Lives Matter
- Nadya Okamoto: nonprofit leader and founder of period.org
- Syd: singer-songwriter
- Reggie Yates: writer, director and broadcaster
- Iddris Sandu: architectural technologist
- Keala Naihe; surfer
- Sunny: filmmaker and human rights activist
- Models: Isabela Rangel Grutman, Sara Cummings, Kadija Diawara
- Dancers: Sheena Cain and Sophia Parker
The collection features a range of unisex sneakers and apparel for adults, juniors, kids and infants – as they stand for women’s rights. The sneaker range includes previously dropped silhouettes in the form of the Solar HU, NMD, BYW and the Adilette, as well as a new silhouette to the HU collection.
The adidas Originals by Pharrell Williams ‘Now Is Her Time’ collection is set to drop on 31 August 2019 and will be available at adidas Origingals stores across the country, as well as online at adidas.co.za.